An excellent upcoming summer research opportunity in the sciences and engineering in Germany through the DAAD RISE. Applications are due .
Benefits of the program
- Students are matched with a host university or institute according to their area of interest (biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering, or a closely related field)
- DAAD provides students a monthly stipend for three months to help cover living expenses
- Host universities and institutes provide housing assistance and match students with Ph.D. student mentors
- German language is not required and the working language will be in English
- Open to sophomores and juniors only
- International students CAN apply
- You should have a strong academic background with research experience in your area of interest.
- Last year, 1500 applied and 300 were chosen, so about 1/5 will be chosen.
- Print off the application requirements (here) and get working!
- Make an appointment with Grant Eustice (or stop by during his open office hours on Monday andfrom ) for feedback and questions about your application
- Request feedback from your faculty advisors as you begin to work on your application.
- Request a letter of recommendation for someone who can attest to what it is you're proposing to do (one letter of recommendation is required).
- Review the FAQ's - there's really great information about what to think about when asking for a letter of reference and what to include in your cover letter and CV.