Monday, February 28, 2011

Entry Level Chemist Job Opportunity in Coralville, Iowa

A chemistry alumnus writes to us:

My name is Kevin Roberts and I am an 1999 graduate of the St. Olaf chemistry program. The reason I'm writing is to pass along a potential job opportunity for your graduating seniors this year.

I work for Integrated DNA Technologies (www.idtdna.com) in Coralville, IA (Iowa City suburb.) Our company is a major supplier of custom DNA sequences for a wide variety of molecular biology applications. I've been here for almost 10 years. I'm currently the Assistant Manager of our Small Molecular Chemistry group. We're responsible for the in-house synthesis of a number dyes and other specialized chemicals we use in our DNA production departments.

We're looking for an entry level chemist for our department. Here's a link to the job posting: http://www.idtdna.com/Careers/JobDescription.aspx?ContentID=972. Someone with a solid organic chemistry background and a summer of research experience (especially synthetic organic) would be more than qualified for this position.

No comments: