Medtronic is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Our Summer Associate Program offers technical internships to top graduate and undergraduate engineering students. Even before you graduate, you will get a taste of our innovative, mission-driven culture, while gaining meaningful work experiences and improving lives. In addition to a challenging 10-12 week internship assignment, you'll have opportunities to support the sixth tenant of our Mission through volunteer activities, and experience our dynamic culture through a variety of networking, leadership, and social events.
· Work with research chemists and material scientists to prepare new compounds in the laboratory and optimize synthetic route to improve the efficiency.
· Follow safe laboratory procedures to prepare organic and/or polymeric chemicals.
· Assist in tabulating, interpreting and communicating the results.
· Accurately record data in the laboratory notebook.
· Communicate the results and finding to the supervisor and give progress reports.
· Academic Major: currently pursuing an undergraduate chemistry or chemical engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
· Familiar with polymer and synthetic organic chemistry (e.g. Organic Chemistry Lab).
· Some experience in characterizing organic and/or polymeric chemicals (NMR, GPC etc).
· Good communicator and interpersonal skills.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
710 Medtronic Pkwy, LT240 | Minneapolis, MN, 55418 | United States