The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) is seeking junior or senior college students to work on waste reduction and energy efficiency projects at companies in Minnesota. In 2015, MnTAP is 13 summer projects in locations around the state. The application deadline has been extended until so there is still time for students to apply.
As a MnTAP intern, students will:
- Determine how waste is currently produced in company processes.
- Research and evaluate options for reducing waste.
- Work with the company’s management and employees to determine feasibility of different waste reduction options.
- Develop a cost comparison between the use of existing procedures and the new ones.
- Write a final report and present project results.
The projects are at different companies and in different industries so project specifics will vary. Specific job descriptions for the 13 positions are posted on the MnTAP web site at: (http://mntap.umn.edu/intern/