Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, invites college juniors and sophomores majoring in the sciences, math, engineering or psychology to apply to an exciting summer research program, RiSE (Research in Science and Engineering), http://rise.rutgers.edu. We are seeking undergraduates with strong academic credentials who have the desire to pursue research and a future PhD. We particularly welcome applications from students from underrepresented, disadvantaged or first-generation college backgrounds or who attend Predominantly Undergraduate Institutions.
Here’s how RiSE distinguishes itself from many other summer programs:
- Cutting-edge interdisciplinary opportunities - we are a national leader in prestigious NSF IGERT training programs that cross academic disciplines and have broad societal impact, http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/IGERT.shtml (i.e. clean and sustainable energy via biotechnology or nanotechnology, stem cells, pharmaceutical engineering, and perceptual sciences). Also, we offer joint research programs in the biomedical sciences with the UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School).
- Personalized mentor-matching
- Outstanding enrichment/professional development component including speaking & writing about science, GRE prep, career exploration, networking with academic & industrial scientists
- Great location – Situated only a short train ride from the excitement of New York City and Philadelphia, we have a safe green campus with easy access to mountains and beaches. We are at the hub of the nation’s pharmaceutical and technology research, and summer students are often able to arrange future internships.
- Excellent funding (stipend + housing + travel)
- Choice of 8 or 10 weeks
Rolling admissions is underway and is highly selective. Therefore, candidates should apply on-line as soon as possible. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 732.932.7275.